I love breakfast. Always have. Especially if it’s a big breakfast made for me by someone else. A hotel buffet breakfast is my ultimate favourite. That, to me, is one of the best things about going on holiday. Oh man, what I would give for a holiday right now. Or even a meal where I could eat uninterrupted and while the food is hot…But we digress.
Below is a quick, easy, healthy brekkie option that reminds me of eggs and soldiers. It’s a twist on a dish shown to me by a Lebanese friend about 20 years ago.
What you’ll need:
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Crispread or cracker of choice (I’m weirdly addicted to these)
What to do:
- Peel eggs. (More on the fine art of doing this in another post.)
- Place them in a small bowl or teacup and mash roughly with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper – you’ll want to be a bit more generous than usual as the taste will be diluted by the next step.
- Mix in the Greek yoghurt.
- Break crackers into thinner strips and dip!
If this feels too bland, try using fried eggs and pita bread instead. It’s delish!